RSS

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

It's snowing sideways

That's what they say here in Colorado when it snows and there's a strong wind.  Where I come from we called it a blizzard or a snowstorm.  It's been "snowing sideways" since about midnight, and most schools are closed today which I'm sure makes many children very happy. 

My friends and I had planned to drive to Longmont and Loveland today for some shopping in some new stores, but it's been postponed till next week some time.  I am perfectly content to stay inside all day.

This is what it looks like outside our house:

 
But the nice thing about Colorado is that tomorrow the sun will shine all day and most of this snow will melt away.  Solar power is great!
 
But my husband isn't at home -- he had an appointment to have his truck worked on today, so when I looked outside, I saw the tracks heading out the driveway.  With 4-wheel drive, it's not a problem.
 
Tonight is the next Republican debate......it's like watching a train wreck - I can't take my eyes off it!
A certain candidate is already boasting that he will be the winner - not only of this debate but also of the presidential election.  I think he is the definition of an egomaniac...he is a master of nastiness.  All I can say is "Lord have mercy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment