RSS

Thursday, October 18, 2012

It's number thirteen!

Yes, today is our thirteenth wedding anniversary.  How fast time has flown by - but of course at this age time seems to pass twice as quickly as before. 

We had a very nice day; we drove into Denver and went to the Fresh Fish Company for lunch - both of us enjoyed the Alaskan Snow Crabs.  The trees are in their full autumn glory right now, so the long drive past downtown Denver was a beautiful drive.  After lunch we did a bit of shopping, and then headed home.

My two dear friends, Phyllis and Janet and I always do something special for our birthdays, and since my birthday is tomorrow, we celebrated it on Tuesday.  We have been doing this for many years already and we always have a good time.  We started with breakfast at the Egg and I in Thornton, and then traveled to downtown Denver to browse the "Gone for Good" store.  This is actually a warehouse; the owners are trying to keep things out of landfills, so they pick up things that haven't sold at garage sales or estate sales, or they'll haul away the stuff in people's basements.  Whatever is sellable is stored in the warehouse and people can shop -- and it's fun there!  Nothing is priced, and nothing is beautifully displayed...you just dig through boxes and when you've chosen what you want, you negotiate a price for everything.  The unsellable stuff is recycled somehow or other. 

Tuesday afternoon I picked up my grandchildren from school because their mother wasn't feeling well and their daddy was on a business trip.  I took them to McDonald's (they call it Old McDonald's) where we played for a while and had something to eat.  That evening I took care of them so their mommy could rest.  I finally went to bed in the guest room, thinking the children were sound asleep in their beds.  In the morning I found out that they had gone down to the living room where their mother was, and one had gone to sleep in the recliner and the other had slept on one of the sofas.  Guess I'm not a very alert babysitter!

I recently went through my abundant supply of craft items, and gave quite a lot of paper and other supplies to the grandchildren.  In return they made a card for me that said "you're the best grammy in the whole world" -- how sweet was that!  They're both taking piano lessons, and Joey played some songs for me.  Their teacher uses a different teaching method than I ever was acquainted with, but they're both doing very well. 

I also watched the presidential debate as much as I could on Tuesday evening, and was so happy at President Obama's answers to the questions.  He has been so unfairly maligned, but that's a subject I could go on and on about - but I won't today.

I read an article about Mitt Romney's wife Ann; she has MS and is not supposed to have stress in her life, so she's stopped watching TV during the presidential campaign.  If her husband becomes president -- does she think she won't have stress in her life????? 

And why does Mr. Romney have such a desperate look in his eyes???

If Mr. Romney gets to be president, should the Democrats treat him as rottenly and disrespectfully as the Republicans treated President Obama? 

Tomorrow is another day of celebrating -- it's my 77th brithday.  My consolation is that in the Bible, seven is a perfect number, so eleven 7's must be perfectly wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment