RSS

Thursday, October 11, 2012

The story of this blog -

I had started this blog in summer when someone hacked my other blogspot; however, I was able to fix that one and so returned to it.  A month or so ago it was hacked again so I completely removed that blog and went back to this one.  I'm still in the process of building it and adding the various components - which will happen as I have time.  I was able to give it the same name as my previous blog, so maybe my readers will find me again!

Fall is here - leaves have turned color, and as a result of the first freeze - the leaves are now fluttering to the ground.  The nights are chilly, but the days are beautiful.

Our city is going through a very sad time.  Last Friday a 10 year old girl was abducted; she was walking from her home to meet her friends in the park and walk together to school -- and she never made it to the park.  Yesterday the police announced that a body had been found, but they refused to say more, except that it was not intact.  They are still searching - evidently for the rest of the body.  I imagine that if it was the body of an adult they would have said that it's not this girl - but they made no more comments.  My heart breaks for the family; I can't imagine experiencing something like this.  This happened in a middle-class neighborhood in one of the suburbs north of Denver, not at all a place where you would expect such a crime to happen.

One more week and I'll turn 77 years old.  I find this hard to believe!  How fast the years have gone, but when I was int he middle of living those years they did not seem to be passing quickly at all.  The advantage of being this age is that now I see that many of the things I used to worry about never happened.  I also can look back and see God's hand in my life, even when I didn't think He cared about me, even when I was sure He had abandoned me.

But one thing about this age is that the number of my remaining days is dwindling, and I know it -- and I don't  like it.  Oh - I know I'll go to heaven, and that isn't a problem -- in fact it will be wonderful.  However, I want to live and see my grandchildren grow up and marry; I want to continue the close relationship I have with my daughter who is my best friend; I want to continue developing the wonderful friendships I have.  I want to keep on serving the Lord as best I can. 

And so I look forward to this next birthday trusting God to give me many more GOOD years!  Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment