RSS

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Getting warmer

It was a little warmer today, somewhere in the 30's - warm enough to melt some snow and ice. 
It hasn't been as cold here as in other parts of the country; the "polar vortex" is really doing a number on places that usually don't get temperatures below freezing.

I went out for lunch today with my daughter and another friend.  This friend brought along her seven year old daughter who was adopted from China about the same time my grandson came.  She was not a "special needs" child -- in other words, she was perfectly healthy.  But this past April she was diagnosed with brain cancer.   She has undergone surgery, radiation and chemotherapy; the cancer has affected her eyesight, her hearing, her balance, and the right side of her face is paralyzed.  But she is an amazing girl, just precious.  Her mother is even more amazing; I can't imagine how I'd feel if I was a mother in this situation.  If you believe in prayer, pray for "Daisy" - that's not her real name but the name they are using to protect her privacy, and God knows who Daisy is.

No comments:

Post a Comment