RSS

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Still no snow!

The weather forecast was for a snowstorm in the mountains yesterday, with a possible six inches of snow here in the city.  And yes - it did snow in the mountains, but did it snow out where we live?  No!  Not one flake of snow!  I was so disappointed when I looked out the window this morning and nothing had changed.  But it was cold!!!  The thermometer read 20 degrees as we left for church this morning; I actually pulled out my cold weather coat from my Nebraska days, warm gloves and a scarf.  But the sun was shining - that's Colorado!  It might be very cold, but the sunshine makes it bearable!

I love the ladies in my Sunday School class.  There were only about ten of us present this morning, but we have all come to love each other and support each other when someone is going through a rough patch in life.  We also went to a Bible study on the book of Revelations; we were in chapter 19 this morning where John describes the great wedding feast will take place.  I'm looking forward to the rejoicing; I'll be rid of my cane and will be dancing with the best of them!!!

An update on the stray cat situation.  After I fed him Tuesday morning, he disappeared, so I assumed he had either gone home or gone to someone else's farm.  Wrong!  He was back on Thursday morning, determined to come into the house, and I was just as determined that he wouldn't get in.  But I have such a soft spot for stray animals, I couldn't just let him stay out in the cold and fend for himself, so we took him to the county animal shelter where he will be put up for adoption. 

There is an article in the Denver Post today that reveals that there are 100,000 feral cats in Denver, and it's not their fault -- it's the fault of humans who originally abandoned their animals. 

Once again I took a bad fall.  One of these days I'll really hurt myself.  This time there were a few drops of water on the bathroom floor and of course one of my feet found them and one leg when out to the east and the other leg went out to the west and I landed in a very awkward position on the floor!  Fortunately nothing was really hurt except my pride, but I will be going to the chiropractor tomorrow to do some fixing in my joints. 

I've read the Sunday paper, checked my emails, and now it's time for a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment