RSS

Friday, March 8, 2013

March is our snowiest month

Yes it is -- and April is almost as snowy.  Yes -- when all the rest of you are having spring, we are having snow.  Yesterday it was 69 degrees, today is supposed to be almost that nice, but tonight a snowstorm is moving in and the forecast is for 8 - 14 inches -- and we will be thankful for it because we need the moisture so badly.

I just got home this morning after a night at my daughter's house.  Her husband is on a business trip (he travels a lot in his job) and my granddaughter had an appointment for a sonogram, so I went to pick up my grandson from school and then just stayed the night.  It's easier than fighting the rush hour traffic to get home, or to drive in the dark.  Things like that never used to worry me, but now that I'm 77 and my eyes aren't as good as they used to be, I'm much less likely to drive at night.  I love watching my grandchildren play.  They have so much imagination and would rather play with each other, making up things, than to play with toys.  But that doesn't mean they don't like toys, because they certainly do and they have a very good assortment of them.

I'm fighting a cold and a cough, and I need to get busy with laundry and cleaning, so that's enough of a posting for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment