RSS

Monday, March 4, 2013

More snow

This morning I went to my once-a-month Bible study which was very, very good; I'm not teaching it now, so I can say that.  As I left at noon, it started snowing, and before long was snowing quite hard, but I grew up in South Dakota and learned to drive on snow so I took my time going home and made several shopping stops.  By the time I got home, the sun was out, but I think we got about 2 or 3 inches of very wet snow -- Thank you Lord!

It's been a busy time lately, and my schedule looks like it will be busy right up to the day we leave on our spring trip.  On Saturday I got out all my spring and summer clothes, washed and ironed them, because where we're going -- it will be spring...or maybe not...but we're heading southeast so the chances are pretty good for warm weather.  It was a big job, especially since I only got started at noon after spending the night at Tanya's house.  Bill was on a business trip, so I picked up the kids from school and took care of them till their Mommy came home from work.  I had bought a big bag of popcorn for us to enjoy that evening; unfortunately, in an unguarded moment - the popcorn disappeared into the mouth of Lucy - the 100 pound Bernese Mountain Dog.  Earlier in the day she had gotten hold of a package of chocolate chip cookies and ate all 40 of them!!!  When she was younger, she was terribly rambunctious and caused me all kinds of problems; I'd go home with bruised arms from where she would jump on me.  Now she's quieted down a little, and just loves me -- she expects to sit on my lap -- yes all 100 pounds of her!

Yesterday was such a good day.  We had such a worthwhile Sunday School class, and the Pastor's sermon was also really good.  He spent all last year on Ephesians chapter one; he's now in chapter two and yesterday he parked on verse 6.  Then in the afternoon the women's ministry sponsored an afternoon of Bunco for women, and it was so much fun!  I got to know some ladies I hadn't met before and I was very glad I had gone.  But after such a busy weekend, I was really tired this morning, but it's a good tired. 

When I got home from shopping this afternoon, I started fixing some homemade chicken noodle soup -- this is soup weather!  Paul is fighting a bad cold, so the soup will be just right for dinner.  We saw the cardiologist last week, and the decision was made to postpone his surgery for a while, which is fine with Paul.  I trust the doctor, so it's fine with me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment