RSS

Friday, April 19, 2013

What a day!

The TV news people have been busy all day reporting what is going on in Boston; the entire city is shut down while law enforcement is searching for the one suspect who is still at large after the bombing at the Boston Marathon.  Somehow he has still eluded the police, but I hope he is soon found.

Earlier this afternoon I got the following email from my daughter:  "bomb scare, have to evacuate, I'm out of here".  Her office is in the new justice building downtown, and the offices are occupied by the Attorney General and all his staff, as well as judges and their staffs and anyone who was in a courtroom. 

A few hours later I got this email:  "That was freaky!  All these police came and cordoned off the building and sidewalks – I couldn’t even get to my car to go home!  Bomb scare, but it’s OK now.  I’m leaving soon anyway."

Someone's idea of a joke was to call in a bomb scare in Denver when all that is going on in Boston???

It's a beautiful day today, and the forecast for the weekend is for more warm days, and they are so very welcome!  All the snow this week was welcome for the water it brought.  It was the first time this winter that the foothills of the Rockies were completely snow covered.  The snowpack levels are getting closer to the normal range, which is very good, because that snowpack is essential for our water supply. 

No comments:

Post a Comment