RSS

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Resurrection

Several weeks ago I decided to take this blog off the web.  The main reason was that I felt it was just a one-way form of communication; in other words, people were reading my blog but were not communicating with me in return and I got tired of it. 

But I'll try again so I've resurrected Blossoms and Butterflies and see what happens.

It's a beautiful Sunday, the kind that makes it worthwhile to live in Colorado.  We just got home from Church - no we didn't have services all day, just Sunday School, the worship service and then we had a "cowboy carnival" to raise money to send teenagers to camp.  It was really great - lots of games and prizes for children, delicious barbecue, horses for the children to ride, dunk tank, raffles, etc., etc.  By 2:30 I was tired so we came home, even though the carnival goes on till 6 pm.  We are so glad we are part of this church, for one thing it's only about two miles from our house, and for another we have many lots of good friends, and most of all - it is solidly based on the Bible.

The last few weeks have been busy, not that I've been doing much, but busy regardless.  My physical situation has worsened in the last few months and I'll be having an MRI on June 14 to see about having spinal surgery.  I am actually quite optimistic about hopefully getting rid of some of the pain - ideally it would be so wonderful to be able to move easily again.

Enough for now - time to relax a bit with a tall glass of ice water....

1 comment:

JeriLyn said...

I feel the same way sometimes! LOL
You wonder if anyone really reads it at all. And then I wonder...hmmm should I really write this and put it out there for all the world to see..?
I think people are busy and just don't "comment", I am guilty of ready and not commenting.
So I go in spurts where I blog a lot and then barely at all.
glad you are back!!

Sorry about your kitty! always hard to lose a pet!

Post a Comment