RSS

Monday, November 23, 2015

A beautiful day in November

Here in Colorado we are so blessed with over 300 days of sunshine a year, and today was one of those days - a gloriously beautiful day.  The mountains are now covered with snow which adds to the beauty of this place.  I am so grateful God brought me to this location 27 years ago - a move that I have never regretted.  My life has been very blest here.

Sadness has been in my heart lately because in the last three weeks, four of my friends have passed away.  Two were former high school classmates of mine - and with only 21 people in my class, we were all very good friends.  Last night one of my lady friends died, and this morning another one died.  All had been ill, but still - I am saddened.  Evidently at my age this happens more and more, and I better get used to it!  The great thing is that all four knew Jesus and are now in heaven. 

I've had a busy day doing grocery shopping as well as some other running around, and now the dinner dishes are done and it's time to sit down with a good book and relax.  I have been reading a very good book - "When God Doesn't Fix It" - by Laura Story.  I had never heard of Ms. Story, but evidently she is a Christian recording artist, so of course I got one of her CD's and played it while driving around today.  One of the songs is especially good - "Blessings" - it talks  about "what if blessings come in rain" - and her book is her story of the pain she and her husband have endured and the blessings that they received through those difficult times.  I can relate because I have had many years of great difficulties, but it was through those hard times that I really came to know God and experience blessings from Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment