RSS

Thursday, November 26, 2015

I am thankful

Thanksgiving Day 2015 - so much to be thankful for!

There were many Thanksgiving Days in my life when it was very hard to find something for which to give thanks.  Life was hard and life was lonely.  But these days my life is full of gratitude to God for all He has done for me.  Most of all - the fact that Jesus died for me and lives for me now, and guides me, comforts me. and loves me no matter what! 

There is so much unrest in the world and I am thankful that I live in this country.  We are comfortable, well fed (perhaps too well fed), are free to do the things we want to do -- especially free to worship as we please.  We do not live in fear.  We are not in daily danger because we believe in Jesus. 

I am thankful for good health.  I do have arthritis which does cause some limitations, but other than that, I am quite healthy.  Last year was a difficult year health-wise because I had three major surgeries in two weeks due to a staph infection after the first surgery.  This has been a good year.

I am thankful for family.  I love them and I am loved -- what more could I want?

Compared to most of the world's population, I am wealthy.  I'm not wealthy if I compare myself to one of the presidential candidates who boasts about how rich he is - but he is not deserving of any comparison.  I am comfortable with what I have.

Thank you Jesus for being so good to me, for rescuing me from a difficult past and for promising me a glorious future.

No comments:

Post a Comment