RSS

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Beautiful Autumn

Fall in Colorado is beautiful, and today is one of those lovely autumn days that you wish would go on forever.  Not a cloud in the sky, the trees are still green, except the sumac has turned bright red.  The temperature is just right -- not hot and not cold. 

I've been very busy with several projects.  Next week our Christian Women's Connection is having their annual fundraiser for Stonecroft Ministries.  I have made 128 greeting cards to sell at the sale, each one is different.  It was so much fun!  Here are a few of them:


I'm also making the ruffle scarves that are so popular now.  The sale is next Wednesday, and I should have about a dozen made by then; they sell for $20 each.   Here are a few:


They are very easy to make, and it's fun seeing them take shape and knowing that the finished product will be sold and the money used for missions.

Otherwise, I'm just trying to get everything ready for what will happen soon - Paul's surgery.  His son Darold will be coming from Nashville and will stay with us to help with the work around the house and yard.  I am so thankful he is coming; he is very much at home here, and knows where everything is, and really will pitch in and help.  In the meantime, I'm just trying to keep Paul alive so he can have the surgery!  He is one of these men who thinks he can do everything, even when his heart is telling him "slow down" -- he's like the Energizer bunny, he just keeps going and going.....  You often hear of someone dying of a heart attack when everyone thought he was perfectly healthy -- that would be Paul, but his children and I are trying to make sure it doesn't happen.

I think it's about time for a nap or at least a little rest for me.  I've been doing laundry all day, plus went to Costco and Walmart and straightened up the house now and I am tired!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment