RSS

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Our first taste of winter

Yesterday morning it was snowing -- the heavy, wet snow that brings us the moisture that we need so badly.  It stopped after an hour or two, but in the mountains it's still snowing today.  That is a good thing for the ski industry; there are many people who can hardly wait to get out there, everyone wants to be the first one on a slope each season.  I have never felt that attraction but I admire those who can ski so beautifully.

One of the blogs I follow is "Mennonite Girls can Cook" and on yesterday's blog there was a recipe for creamy bacon and potato soup.  It sounds like it would be delicious, and I have all the ingredients so it's on my "to-do" list for today.  Normally I'm not a fan of potato soup, but the bacon makes it sound good.

I've finished making the ruffly scarves for our Christian Women's Connection sale on Wednesday; now I'm going to lay it all aside but will take some yarn along to have something to work on while Paul is in surgery.  It will be about a six hour operation, and of course the intensive care unit after that so I'll have plenty of time to make some more scarves to use as gifts (or for myself).

And now -- it's time to get going for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment