RSS

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Things are better

Paul had his open heart surgery,
had to be re-hospitalized for what was thought to be pneumonia, congestive heart failure, and COPD,
but turned out to be mainly fluid overload
And now he's home again and doing better.
Getting a little stronger every day, even if he doesn't think so.
Yesterday he went outside and drove his little garden tractor for a few minutes. 
He's so used to be working all day long that this enforced time of doing nothing is very hard on him.

I'm feeling a bit better too. 
I got very exhausted.  I stayed at Tanya's house because she lives only a 10 minute drive from the hospital and it was very convenient.
However, from the parking lot to Paul's room was a very long hike, and I was exhausted by the time I reached his room.
But he's home now, and getting stronger every day.
I've had so much help from his children.
Darold is here from Nashville, staying with us, and that is such a help and a joy.
Sharlene comes every day to massage is legs and other muscles, and is always bringing food.
Dale and Janette help too; Dale is limited by his recent back injuries, and Janette is limited because she lives a long distance away.

And now - I'll have another cup of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment