RSS

Friday, November 1, 2013

Getting back to normal

Whatever normal is.

I came back home yesterday after babysitting my grandchildren for a week.  It was uneventful -- nobody broke a bone, nobody tried to break into the house, I didn't fall down the stairs -- we all survived.  Actually, it was a very special time with the children.

After I got home yesterday, my stepson who had been staying here, flew back home to Nashville.  I appreciated his help more than words can say.  The whole family was very helpful, and I am grateful.

But it's good to be home and just the two of us.  I did have to take Paul to the doctor today unexpectedly, for a chest x-ray, but fortunately he didn't have to be re-admitted to the hospital. 

Now I am trying to get the house back to normal and trying to catch up on some rest.  I'm not sure where the month of October went -- but here it is November already.  We're having some beautiful autumn weather, the leaves have been beautiful in their golden colors, and fortunately I'm not the one who does the leaf raking.  I think a couple of good strong winds should take care of the leaves on the ground!

Now for a cup of tea and some chocolate -- and a quiet evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment