RSS

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving

This Thursday is Thanksgiving Day, and we have much to be thankful for. 
Most of all, I am thankful for my husband's successful heart surgery, and very thankful for the thing I mentioned in my last post -- that my granddaughter does not have cancer! 

Here are some pictures of her right before the CT scan.  She was very brave; of course she didn't know that the possibility was.

 
 


But then there are so many other things that rank right up there.  The fact that at the age of 78, I am still of sound mind (sometimes that may be questionable), that I have a loving family and a warm home and security.  There were so many years when it was hard to be thankful, because I had none of that.

Most of all, I give thanks to God from whom all blessing flow.

We are having a big Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday at my daughter's home.  Not only will our side of the family be there, but also my son-in-law's family will there, so it will be a houseful!  Fortunately they have a big house, with plenty of television sets because of course the men will want to watch the football games.  We women will be content to sit around the table and talk, and the children will be having fun doing what children do.  Everyone is bringing food, so it will be a feast.  I signed up to bring the pumpkin pies and the cranberry sauce.  We also bringing some folding tables and folding chairs and some extra silverware.  I know it will be a really nice Thanksgiving Day.

The last week in October, I took care of my grandchildren while their parents were in Hawaii.  On that Sunday, we first had Sunday School at home, then I took them to a nearby park.


Joey immediately made friends with some boys playing basketball.







 
No, this picture isn't upside down; Joey is the one who is upside down.


 
Carly took this picture of me in the park.
 

 
They love exploring things on the IPad.


 
This is a recent picture taken in their back yard.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment