RSS

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Brrrrrrrrr

That's all I can say this morning.  It's cold outside!
The sky is blue, the sun is shining, but it's about -10 where we live. 
Fortunately, we are retired and we don't have to leave the house if we don't want to.
The house is nice and warm, thanks to a roaring fire in our fireplace (and of course a very good furnace).  And warm clothes. 

It will not warm up for a few more days and I'm hoping I won't get stir-crazy in the meantime.
On Saturday afternoon I'm going to a ladies tea - no matter how cold it is!
After all, during my working years, I always got out in this kind of weather.
And - I grew up in South Dakota where it gets REALLY cold.

Actually, this is unusual for this part of Colorado.  We have had winters here where I never once put on a pair of gloves.  And once this huge cold air mass moves away from us, it will be back to the pleasant Colorado winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment