RSS

Thursday, December 26, 2013

The day after

We had a really nice Christmas Day with the family - at least most of the family was present.  Lots of good food, a time to open the gifts, mostly watch the children open their gifts and some good visiting.  I was really tired when we got home and fell asleep in front of the TV set watching a movie that wasn't good enough to keep me awake. 

Woke up feeling refreshed this morning, so I met my friend Janet for breakfast, then we went to the Christian Book Store so I could buy next year's Christmas cards at 50% off.  Then to another store where I bought a skirt and top for a friend.  This friend has been in a nursing home since October a year ago.  She's diabetic and had a leg amputated and has finally gotten her prosthesis leg, but hasn't had much therapy with it yet.  Her husband was able to bring her to church on Christmas Eve, and that was a blessing. 

This has been a Christmas season rich with blessings and answered prayers.  I've had so many Christmases that were very sad for a variety of reasons.  In January 1972, my mother suddenly died, only two weeks after Christmas.  And in 1991, my dad died two days after Christmas.  My first marriage ended a week or so before Christmas and then there were many other Christmas seasons that were very difficult for one reason or another.  Of course my life is not perfect now, nor do I expect it to be, I feel very blessed this year, and very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment