RSS

Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Good Question

I've been reading "A Maze of Grace" by Trish Ryan and at one place she says "I sensed God asking, 'Trish, what would your life be like if you believed that I'll take care of everything you've prayed for?  If you knew it would all work out?'"

Hebrews 11:1 says "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

I've been thinking of this a lot.  There were so many times in my life that I prayed desperately; I certainly wasn't sure I'd get the answer I was hoping for.  And for certain - I was not certain of what I did not see.  But what would life have been like if I would have believed -- after all, I was and am a child of  God.  But I didn't really believe that God thought enough of me to answer my prayers. 

So I wonder about the present time.  When I pray, do I just say the words or do I really believe that God is listening and that He will take care of what I'm praying for?

If we really believe when we pray, then we would not worry and scurry around trying to fix whatever the situation might be that we're praying for.

I had a wonderful grandmother who had several plaques on the walls that said things like "Why worry when you can pray"

And yet we worry.....

No comments:

Post a Comment