RSS

Monday, December 16, 2013

What a difference a few days make!

When I last posted here, it was bitterly cold with subzero temperatures for quite a few days.  As I'm writing this at 3:15 pm, it's 62 degrees! 

This morning I attended the funeral of the husband of a dear friend; he had suffered from depression a long time, and last Monday he took his own life.  The funeral service was really beautiful; their two daughters had each written tributes to their father and read them, and the pastor had a sermon about how nothing can separate us from the love of God.  The manner of his death was not avoided, but he had been well loved and respected by many and the church was filled to capacity.

I've finished my Christmas shopping, everything is wrapped and under the tree.  On Christmas Day the whole family will be at the home of Paul's daughter Janette; we will have a feast and it will be a fun day.  On Christmas Eve we will be going to church; this is something I always like to do.  Our church has a puppet ministry and they usually perform on Christmas Eve and they are wonderful. 

So now I'm doing the laundry, and resting a bit, as after the funeral I did a little shopping and that always tires me completely.  I have an electric wheelchair, and we have a lift in our van, but I don't know how to operate it and so I seldom use it when I go shopping, but when I do - it makes everything so much more enjoyable.  I know Paul would drive me to the store and pick me up again later, but I always think I should still be able to get around without the scooter, and then I get very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment