RSS

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

A Blessed Christmas to All!

It's a beautiful Christmas morning here; the sky is blue, the sun is shining, the mountain tops are glistening with new snow.  My heart is warm this morning because of all that God has done for me and my family.  Most of all that He came as a baby so that He would walk where we walk, but then make the way for us all to be in heaven with Him some day.

I am busy making my contributions to the Christmas dinner:  the traditional "green bean casserole" and a pineapple bread pudding that goes so well with ham.  We are heading out to Ft. Collins where Paul's younger daughter and her family live.  There will be a houseful, including our young grandchildren Joey and Carly, as well as our adult grandchildren, and then also the two great-granddaughters.  The great-grandson lives in Bailey, CO, but we were able to see him and give him his gifts Monday evening. 

Our church service last night was beautiful, lots of Christmas music, a short message from our Pastor, and finally the song "Silent Night" sung with everyone holding candles.  It's always such a warm feeling to greet my friends at this service, and last night was special because Sharon, a friend who has been bedfast for over a year was able to attend.  It was so good to see her again. 

I am filled with thanksgiving for the blessings I have received from God.  Yesterday there was a really big blessing as I returned to the clinic for more tests which showed that the area in question on my last mammogram was benign. 

No comments:

Post a Comment