RSS

Sunday, December 22, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

This morning there is a white blanket covering everything outside, and it's about 18 degrees as I write this.  But that's what makes it feel like Christmas!  I love the snow and the bright blue sky; in fact, when we don't have snow at Christmas, it just doesn't feel right.

I'm looking forward to my Sunday School class this morning.  It is a women's class - women of all ages (I am the oldest in the class, a title I gladly wear) and everyone speaks from the heart.  There is a lot of love in the class, we are all always glad to see each other on Sundays.  It is the best Sunday School experience I have ever had in all my 78 years.  We talk about personal issues in the light of God's word and it is great.

Last night my daughter and her family were here for our gift exchange.  I love to see my grandchildren open their gifts and be delighted with what they received.  And now they are old enough that they also like to give gifts and that also is fun. 

This week promises to be rather busy.  Tomorrow evening we'll be going out for dinner with part of the family, and on Wednesday the whole family will gather at the home of Paul's younger daughter.  We'll have lots to eat of course, but we'll also have fun playing board games.  Of course there will be gifts for the children.

Tuesday - I have to have a repeat mammogram; apparently something was found on my recent mammogram.  I'm trying not to worry, but no woman likes to receive a phone call of this nature. 

But now - it's time to get ready for church.

No comments:

Post a Comment