RSS

Friday, November 23, 2012

The day after

As usual - we had far more than enough to eat!  We met at Paul's older daughter's home, there were only six of us this year.  Paul's youngest son and wife moved to Nashville this summer and we really missed them.  All the other families celebrated Thanksgiving with the "other side" of their family.  The table at Sharlene's house was heaped full of food, and every bite was delicious.

Today we're going to my daughter's house to help put up their Christmas tree.  Her husband had rotator cuff surgery this past Monday, so he is not able to use his right arm at this time.  My part will be fixing a delicious lunch, it's called "Swiss Chicken" and it is delicious.

So yesterday, many of the stores opened to get an early start to "Black Friday".  By the way, I hate that name - I wish they would think of something more positive, although I guess it is positive for the retailers.  At the Macy's store on 34th in New York, 11,000 people were waiting to get in the doors last night.

And the economy is bad???????

On the TV news, they showed one woman who was pushing one cart loaded high with big boxes, and pulling another cart on which she had piled 3 flat-screen TVs. 

And the economy is bad??????  I don't think so.

When you compare how we in the United States live with how a large percentage of the people in the world live, we are all wealthy - we are all very blessed. 

And I, for one, am very thankful. 

I'm thankful for family, for friends, for church, for our country, for our President, for a pantry and a freezer that are full of food.  For being able to live in comfort and have the freedom to go about our daily business without fear of bombs and missiles falling around us. 

I am blessed, and I thank the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment