RSS

Monday, November 12, 2012

We had company today.....

A phone call came this morning with a special request:  Would Grammy make "thin pancakes" (crepes) for her?  There was no way I could say no, even if we were out of milk; Grandpa had to go into town anyway for a blood draw, so he would pick up milk and maybe a few other goodies on the way home.  Before long, my two little special people and their mama walked in the door.

My precious second-grader

and

My just-as-precious first-grader:



After a late breakfast of thin pancakes, bacon and fruit, we watched the video "Toy Story 2" - which I enjoyed just as much as they did, played with Lincoln logs, trucks, a kitchen set, and read a new book I had gotten for them.  The name of the book is "Where's Jesus" and it's patterned after the "Where's Waldo" series; on each page there's a story about Jesus and the there is a picture with many people in it and you ave to find Jesus in the picture as well as some other objects in the story.  When it was time to go home, they really didn't want to go, we were having too much fun.

When I was young, my paternal grandmother was very special to me.  I knew without a doubt that she loved me and I have wonderful memories of her, and I want my grandchildren to have wonderful memories of me as well.

It's been COLD the last few days, with about two or three inches of snow.  However, it's supposed to warm up this week and I'm happy about that!  Winter will be here soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment